These are some of the true requests (in spirit if not in word) I have gotten over the years:
- Can you move the aquarium with water and fish? No
- Can I leave the food in my refrigerator and freezer? No
- Can I leave the clothes in the dressers? Yes
- Can you move my mother before the ambulance comes? NO!
- Can I help load the truck? No, you can’t come on the truck but you can move your furniture and boxes to the driveway if you want.
- Can I drive with you? No
- Can you move my pets in the truck? no
- How about my plants? Usually no, but if there is floor space and we are moving a short distance, OK
- Do I have to pack in boxes, can I use trash bags? OK for soft items like blankets, not OK for lamps.
- Are you married and would you like to meet my granddaughter? Yes and No
- Can I leave my items on the truck till I close on the other house? Yes if it’s overnight, no if it’s longer.
- part 2 of that question is why? Because once your stuff is on my truck, I am out of work.
- part 3 of that question is but so and so mover will let me. He must have not work for his trucks and you might ask why that is. (January and February are the exceptions to this answer, all movers have trucks that can store for a day or two)
- Can you stop at my brothers, storage, or ex-wife’s? Yes
- Will you move gas, oil, propane, chemicals or my foul, putrid compost bin? NO
What is your moving request?
Faith can move mountains, for everything else there is BD Movers ™